San Diego ARRL VE TEAM - Online Exam - 6:30 PM PACIFIC
San Diego VE Team
The ONLINE exam session via Zoom starts at 6:30 PM PST. Applicants are tested one at a time and may be asked to join at scheduled times during the exam session.
If you pass the first exam, you may proceed with the next exam at no additional cost. You should be prepared and ready for all exams you wish to take. If you are passing your practice exams with consistent scores of 85% or better, you are ready for that exam. If you fail your exam and want to retest, there will be an additional exam fee. $15 for adults and $5 for youths 17 years old and under. Pay online at https://km6zqb.square.site
To register click register below.
What you need:
- Must have a stable Internet connection
- TWO devices which both have camera capabilities. 1) Mac or PC/Windows computer. 2) Smart Phone, tablet or second computer with webcam.
- If you want to use a primary device which is not a Mac or PC/Windows computer, please contact use before the exam. We should be able to accommodate other devices.
- Pay your $15.00/$5.00 exam fee online at https://km6zqb.square.site
- A legal photo ID (driver’s license, passport)
- Students/minors may use a school ID, minor’s work permit, report card, or a legal guardian may present a photo ID. Contact for other options.
- An FCC issued Federal Registration Number (FRN) is required by anyone wishing to take an exam. Register for one on the FCC website at https://www.fcc.gov/new-users-guide-getting-started-universal-licensing-system-uls#REGISTER
- Please provide any Certificates of Successful Completion of Examination (CSCE) you may hold from previous exam sessions if your license or upgrade has not been issued by FCC.
- A calculator with the memory erased and formulas cleared is allowed or you may use the calculator on the same computer on which you are using for the exam.
- One clean sheet of paper on both sides.
- Cell phone must be silenced or turned off during the exam session or they may be used as a second device for video.
Contact Heather Parker at KM6ZQB@qsl.net if you need to cancel or have other questions!
Note: As of April 19th, the FCC requires that you follow up your application to the FCC by logging in to CORES to the pay a $35 fee within ten days. The VEC will submit your application usually on the first business day after you successfully passing your exam. This only applies to new license, renewals and vanity call sign applications. Upgrades are free.