In Person "Online Exam"
Exams for all Amateur Radio licenses are offered at this test session.
Before you click the REGISTER button below, please read all of the following instructions.
You MUST include a valid email and your phone number during registration.
accept walk-ins, but please REGISTER if at all possible.
Please arrive between 10:55 AM and 11:10 AM local Mountain Time.
The exams start at 11:15 AM.
We REQUIRE that you register with an FCC FRN (FCC Registration Number). Click Here to obtain your FRN now.
Be sure your "registration name" matches your "FRN name" EXACTLY!
Exam Location Information:
- Exams are held at the Glacier Meadows RV Park Pavilion, 15735 US-2, Essex, MT 59916
What to bring to the exam session:
- $14.00 cash (exact change please) or a check made payable to GHRC-VE.
- Two forms of ID. One ID must have a picture of you, for example, a Drivers License or Passport.
- Optionally bring a calculator on which all programming has been erased. Calculators on: cell phones, tablets, or laptops are NOT permitted.
- Bring the PIN that is generated when you REGISTER. We can provide your pin if you forget it.
- When you have completed all of the exams that you wish to take, Finish and Sign Forms, then wait until you are given the OK that all is done. Please leave the tablet and stylus on the table.
At the Exam Session:
• State your name and take a seat where indicated.
• Place your payment and ID on the table in front of you.
• Please silence your cell phone.
Exam Session FAQs:
• If you are 12 years of age or younger, do not register for an exam session until your parent or guardian has filled out the COPPA Parental Consent Form Click Here and has emailed it to email@example.com. Please send a courtesy copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
• The tests will be given on Electronic Touch Screen Tablets.
• If you pass Element 2 (Technician), you may take Element 3 (General). If you pass Element 3, you may take Element 4 (Extra). We recommend taking the next element, even if you have not studied for it, as you get to see what the next exam is like! These exams are at NO extra charge.
• If you fail an element, you may re-take the exam for an additional $14 fee, time permitting.
• If you pass one or more elements, a Certificate of Successful Completion of Examination (CSCE) will be emailed to you at the email address that you supplied during registration.
• If you have an expired Ham Radio license, PLEASE let us know. Click Here By passing the Technician exam, you will get your expired license back, with a new callsign, up to and including the Extra class.
•Exam results are electronically submitted for processing at the end of the exam session, it usually takes 1 business day for the submissions to be processed. Then the FCC will send an email to you, with a link to the site where you can pay the $35 FCC fee online. You must pay the fee within 10 days, or your submission will be deleted.
•Sometimes the FCC email to pay the $35 fee fails. You can check to see if they are ready for you to pay the fee by going to this site and logging in with your FRN. Click Here USE A DESKTOP or LAPTOP COMPUTER, tablets and smart phones are having problems with the FCC site.
•To see if your license has been posted, use your FRN to check the ULS database. Click Here
• To cancel your registration, or advise us of your late arrival Click Here